When the usual body function has been altered, a person becomes worried because the body would react to various signs of these new developments. In such circumstances, people have often created means of scaling through the challenging process of having Chlamydia in order to return their body to its former state.
Medical sciences, of course, have always been up to the challenge, intensely focusing on relieving mankind of the many dreadful things Chlamydia does to the body. The need to utilize various forms of medications becomes necessary and has been appreciated over time to do a lot of good.
Unlike a headache that people result to self-help and get a cure for, Chlamydia is quite a complicated condition to resolve which requires the expertise of a healthcare worker to avoid causing further complications.
Understanding the symptoms of Chlamydia before medication
Using medication is not a hobby, exercise, or sport which one may just decide to engage in because a process has to be strictly followed before it is embarked upon. It is important to also add that mere speculation of being infected does not justify one to use Chlamydia medication. It all starts with one symptom or more, then a diagnosis and treatments, subsequently, if one is truly infected. Some of the possible symptoms which one may experience are:
- Some burning sensations while urinating. This has often been referred to by many as dysuria and is not restricted to only Chlamydia because other STDs different from Chlamydia may occasion it. This then forms part of the crucial need for testing and diagnosis to be sure of what one is infected with.
- Discharge from the genitals. This occurs both in women and men with some similarities. In men, the discharge is cloudy and may be frequently found around the penis tip while women experience a yellowish discharge that is accompanied by a strong foul odor.
- Itching around the genitals. In some circumstances, one may experience the two symptoms above plus itching around the genitals. This may be inside the vagina for women and the penis opening for men, respectively. Itching may consequently lead to painful sex or periods in women and swollen testicles in men which could be very uncomfortable.
The Diagnosis that would occur before Chlamydia Medication
Going through a diagnosis of Chlamydia is very important considering that the results are the guide for the doctor to rightly administer the medication. Possibly, the doctor would ask questions about the symptoms that are felt. After this oral examination, the doctor may use a swab test method which comprises of swabbing the vagina to detect the presence of Chlamydia.
For people who engage in oral and anal sex, the chances that the infection may be in the mouth or anus is high and would necessitate swabs in those areas, as the case may be.
The common medications for Chlamydia
After all these processes have been concluded and the existence of Chlamydia is confirmed, the doctor may prescribe various antibiotics to serve as medication. The commonly used antibiotics include, but are not limited to:
- Azithromycin. This is a potent antibiotic which many doctors recommend because of its fewer tendencies to produce gastrointestinal side effects like many in its similar class. In circumstances where the doctor prescribes it, directions are given on the dosage to be taken as 2 or 4 tablets at once. It is important to also add that the combination of this medicine with Doxycycline is great and have cured close to 95 percent of Chlamydia cases where both have been combined.
- Doxycycline. Doxycycline ranks second after Azithromycin given its potent effects but pregnant women are often advised, alongside those who intend to get pregnant, to stay away from it. This is because it may lead to defects in birth or even function as a birth control drug. It is also advised that when a person takes Doxycycline, he or she should stay out of sunlight and wear sunscreen because of the sensitivity to sun radiation it would bring about.
- Amoxicillin. Women who are breastfeeding or pregnant but also suffering from Chlamydia infection in their system are often treated with this form of antibiotics which makes it less common. Patients who often have allergies may also be administered with this kind of drug.
- Erythromycin. Babies simply come to mind at the sound of this because it serves as a potent medication for children that contracted the disease from their infected mothers during birth.
Whatever the mode of medication which one feels comfortable with, it is advised not to delve into it unless they have been prescribed by a certified medical doctor who has gone through a patient’s medical history and analyzed the possible complications. It is easy to handle Chlamydia with the existing medications but one must do so wisely to achieve the desired result.