Chlamydia Home Test Kit
More than a million cases of chlamydia each year go undetected and untreated. This is because the STD is often asymptomatic. Our Chlamydia Rapid Screen Test is an easy-to-use, reliable, and highly accurate STD home test kit. It has received the ISO13485 and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certification, which are recognized by the World Health Organisation, Food, and Drug Administration, and the EU Commission. With this test, early detection of chlamydia is possible. Treating this STD early helps to reduce your risk of suffering from its complications.
Simply obtain a cotton swab sample from the urethra and apply it to the test kit according to the kit instructions, which will give you accurate and reliable results in 15 minutes. Each order comes with discreet worldwide shipping and billing for ensuring your privacy and peace of mind.
- Buy 2 for $27.55 each and save 5%
- Buy 10 for $26.10 each and save 10%
- Buy 50 for $24.65 each and save 15%
- Buy 100 for $23.20 each and save 20%
Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by the bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis. It is one of the most common STDs worldwide. The initial stage of the infection is often asymptomatic, therefore many people do not realise that they have Chlamydia. An untreated chlamydia infection can lead to serious complications such as pelvic inflammatory disease in women, epididymitis in men, and in infertility in both sexes.
Early detection and treatment is paramount for avoiding such complications. Protect yourself and your loved ones by getting tested for chlamydia using our STD Chlamydia rapid test kit, which gives you a result in less than 15 minutes.
- 1 STD test kit for chlamydia
- Detects chlamydia (Chlamydia trachomatis) antigen
- High clinical accuracy
- Reliable & fast Results in <15 minutes
- Tested by certified laboratories worldwide
- ISO 13485 & GMP certifications
- Discreet worldwide shipping
- Discreet billing
Testing for chlamydia is possible from the first week after exposure
Testing for chlamydia is preferably done in the first 5 days after possible exposure.
There is no latent stage in chlamydia, and an STD test kit will show an accurate result, also after 5 days. Symptoms of chlamydia do not have to be present if you are infected. After the treatment and 2 weeks later, it is recommended to do a final test, to verify that the infection has cleared up.
How accurate is the chlamydia test kit
The chlamydia rapid screen test has the same level of accuracy as if you would go to your doctor, if you were to do an urine or other type of test that is available on the market.
This test meets the Medical Device Standard (ISO13485) and has a GMP certification, both are recognized by the WHO and the EU commission. Our tests are also used by professionals all over the world, including various large scale projects in the US and Africa. The chlamydia rapid screen test has been verified by certified labs, worldwide, to correctly diagnose chlamydia in 99.61% of all cases
Chlamydia Rapid Screen Test instructions
The Chlamydia Rapid Screen Test is a qualitative test for the detection of the Chlamydia trachomatis antigen in urogenital specimens. Chlamydia is a common sexually transmitted disease caused by the bacterium Chlamydia trachoma. Most people with chlamydia do not have any symptoms, hence it is known as a “silent” infection (chlamydia is Greek for “cloak”). Possible symptoms include: burning sensation during urination, and unusual discharge from the penis or vagina. Less common symptoms are pain and swelling of the testicles and pain or discharge from the rectum. If left untreated, chlamydia may lead to infertility, especially for women.
- Do not use the test kit beyond the expiration date.
- Do not use the kit if the pouch is punctured or not well sealed.
- For in vitro use only. Do not swallow.
- Do not mix the covers of Buffer A and Buffer B.
- All specimens from the body should be treated as potentially infectious.
- Contaminated swabs may give incorrect test results.
- Discard after first use. The test cannot be used more than once.
- DISPOSAL: The used-device has the risk of infection. Please dispose all used contents properly.
- A pack containing:
1.1) Chlamydia test card
1.2) Desiccant, silicon gel (for keeping contents dry)
1.3) Micro pipette (dropper)
- Buffer A (pink) and Buffer B (blue) solution bottles
- Two swabs
- One mixing tube with cap
- Instruction sheet
Note: For males, to collect the specimen, only one swab is needed. For females, to collect the specimen, two swabs are needed.
- Add 300 μl (about 6 drops) of Buffer A solution from the bottle into the mixing tube.
- Follow the instructions below to collect the specimen.
(SPECIMEN COLLECTION - MALE)
- Insert one swab into the urethra of the penis.
- Gently rotate the swab with sufficient pressure for 3-5 seconds to collect the epithelial cells.
- Allow the swab to remain inserted for a few seconds.
- Withdraw the swab carefully, avoiding contact with any external surfaces to prevent contamination.
(SPECIMEN COLLECTION - FEMALE)
Note: Specimen must be collected from the endocervix, not the vagina. Swab should avoid contact with vaginal mucus.
- Use one swab to remove excess mucus at the site of collection, e.g. cervix entrance, and discard the swab.
- Insert the second swab into the cervix, until most of the tip is no longer visible.
- Rub and rotate the swab vigorously against the endocervix for 15-30 seconds to collect endothelial cells.
- Withdraw the swab carefully, avoiding any contact with vaginal mucus or any external surfaces to prevent contamination.
TEST PROCEDURE (Continued)
- Insert the swab with the specimen into the mixing tube, and twirl briefly to mix the specimen into the solution. Keep swab immersed for 5 minutes.
- Add 300 μl (about 6 drops) of Buffer B solution from bottle into the mixing tube. The amount of Buffer B should be equal to Buffer A.
- Twirl the swab vigorously for 10 seconds to mix the solution well.
- Remove the swab and discard it.
- Cap the mixing tube and mix the contents by gently swirling the tube.
- Remove the chlamydia test card from the foil pouch and place it on a level surface.
- Using the micropipette, draw 100 μl (about 4 drops) of solution from the mixing tube and dispense it into the “S” well of the test card.
- Wait for 15 minutes and read results. Do not read after 20 minutes.
INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
Positive (+) Result
Two rose-pink bands appear at “C” and “T”. The sample is considered positive for chlamydia. Please visit a doctor or licensed medical facility for confirmation testing and treatment.
Negative (-) Result
Only one rose-pink band appears at “C”. The sample is considered negative for chlamydia.
No visible band at all, or there is a visible band only at “T”, but not at “C”. Repeat the test with a new test kit.