With the risks and dangers associated with sexually-transmitted diseases, it only makes sense to encourage STD testing. The point of this process is to detect the infections and make proper diagnosis to determine the correct treatment action plan.
Medical professionals of then and now have different reasons as to why they encourage STD testing. Here are some:
1. STD testing is used as a diagnostic test to know the cause of a symptom or complication that a patient is experiencing.
2. It can also function as a screening test to find out presymptomatic or asymptomatic infections.
3. It is a way to check whether your new sex partner is free of any kind of STD before you and them engage in sexual contact.
4. It can help pregnant mothers know if they have an STD so that they can immediately get treatment if they test positive and prevent transmitting the disease to their babies.
5. It is a way to determine which donated blood and organs are free of STDs before they are used and transplanted to another person.
If you want to test for STDs, use a rapid STD test kit to allow you to perform the test on your own, wherever and whenever you want.