HIV is caused by the Human Immunodeficiency Virus.
HIV is transmitted and spread through different ways:
- unprotected sexual intercourse
- blood transfusion of infected blood
- exposure to an open wound, cut, or lesion of an infected person
- from an infected mother to her infant- sharing of used needles, syringes, and other drug paraphernalia
- unsterilized equipment used in acupuncture, tattooing, and piercing
To detect HIV, everyone is advised to get an HIV test. There are different ways to test for HIV, but the easiest and most convenient of them all is through the use of a rapid HIV test kit, which is a device that can diagnose HIV in as fast as 15 minutes.
Those that test positive for HIV should go see a doctor right away to know the best HIV treatment solution for them. HIV can be controlled with the proper medication to avoid progressing onto AIDS.