To know if you are infected with Chlamydia, you have to undergo a Chlamydia test. Today, there are different ways to test for Chlamydia, and anyone who manifests Chlamydia symptoms should get tested immediately.
Here are reasons why you should get Chlamydia tested:
- to verify or check if the signs and symptoms that you are experiencing are caused by Chlamydia
- if a pregnant woman is infected with Chlamydia, a Chlamydia test can check if her newborn baby has contracted Chlamydia as well
- to confirm if certain high-risk people have Chlamydia, especially if no signs or symptoms are visible
The following people are encouraged to get a Chlamydia test:
- men and women who are sexually active, usually those in their teens and older
- men and women who are in the sex trade industry
- pregnant women who have to get tested during the first and third trimesters of their pregnancy
- females who are suffering from the pelvic inflammatory disease or PID
- females who manifest and experience symptoms of cervical infection or cervicitis
Testing for Chlamydia should be done as soon as possible to prevent the worst case scenario.