To know if you are infected with Chlamydia, you have to undergo a Chlamydia test. Today, there are different ways to test for Chlamydia, and anyone who manifests Chlamydia symptoms should get tested immediately.
Why you should not delay getting tested
Here are reasons why you should get Chlamydia tested:
- - to verify or check if the signs and symptoms that you are experiencing are caused by Chlamydia
- - if a pregnant woman is infected with Chlamydia, a Chlamydia test can check if her newborn baby has contracted Chlamydia as well
- - to confirm if certain high-risk people have Chlamydia, especially if no signs or symptoms are visible
The following people are encouraged to get a Chlamydia test:
- - men and women who are sexually active, usually those in their teens and older
- - men and women who are in the sex trade industry
- - pregnant women who have to get tested during the first and third trimesters of their pregnancy
- - females who are suffering from the pelvic inflammatory disease or PID
- - females who manifest and experience symptoms of cervical infection or cervicitis
Testing for Chlamydia should be done as soon as possible to prevent the worst-case scenario.