Who Should Get An HIV Test?
You should undergo an HIV test if you and/or your sex partner:
- have had sexual intercourse, whether anal, oral, or vaginal, without using a condom.
- engaged in any sexual activity while drunk or high, since there is a good chance that you forgot to use a condom
- have been tested positive for other STDs, such as gonorrhea, Hepatitis B, syphilis, Hepatitis C, Chlamydia, etc.
- used or shared syringes, needles, and other drug paraphernalia to ingest drugs, and other substances
- underwent piercing, acupuncture, or tattooing using unsterilized needles, and other equipment
- underwent blood transfusion in the 1980s
Why Is HIV Testing Important?
HIV testing is important to know right away if you have the virus or not. HIV can cause serious harm and damage to the body if not diagnosed and detected early on. If you test positive, you can immediately seek treatment and take the proper precautions to not pass the disease on to other people.
An easy and convenient way to test for HIV is by using a rapid HIV test kit. You can get one at STD Rapid Test Kits' HIV Rapid Screen Test Kit page. Test for HIV now before it is too late.