Hepatitis C is a medical condition caused by the Hepatitis C virus. It is a type of liver disease that is frequently spread by contact with Hepatitis C-infected blood.
Anyone can get infected with Hepatitis C, but there are certain groups of people that belong to the high-risk groups. Here they are:
- People who have used illegal drugs using injections, needles, syringes, and other similar paraphernalia even at least once in the past few years
- Children who are born to Hepatitis C-positive mothers
- Medical workers and healthcare workers who have been exposed for a long time to Hepatitis C-positive blood while on the job
- Hemodialysys patients
- People who have been notified that they have received blood from donors that turned out to be positive for Hepatitis C after a test
- Those that exhibit signs and symptoms of liver diseases or complications
If you fall under any of those categories, you have to undergo Hepatitis C testing right away before the serious problems occur.