Caused by the Hepatitis C virus, Hepatitis C is a common hepatitis disease and sexually-transmitted diseases that can strike males, females, young, adults.
Similar to other hepatitis infections, Hepatitis C comes with various complications. People who are undergoing dialysis of the kidney are prone to acquiring this type of hepatitis.
How people get infected with Hepatitis C
- Those with work in the medical field are exposed to blood or handle blood work are also at risk of this type of infection.
- People who have or have had unprotected sex with infected partners are vulnerable to catch Hepatitis C.
- Sharing of needles, syringes, injections, and other paraphernalia used by drug addicts, tattoo enthusiasts, and acupuncture treatments makes anyone in danger of Hepatitis C and other diseases.
- Receiving blood or organs from donors with Hepatitis C makes anyone in danger of contracting the disease.
- Also, sharing of personal and hygiene stuff like toothbrushes and razors are also risk factors. Hepatitis C transmission from a pregnant female to her baby is also possible.
So, get a Hepatitis C as early as you can to be able to detect and diagnose the disease and get treated for it right away.