STDs, or sexually-transmitted diseases, are caused by different things. They can be caused by bacteria, viruses, or some other type of microorganism. If you want to be familiar with the causes of some of the most common STDs today, here is a list:
What STDs are caused by bacteria?
- Chlamydia (caused by the Chlamydia trachomatis)
- Syphilis (Treponema pallidum)
- Chancroid (Haemophilus ducreyi)
- Gonorrhea (Neisseria gonorrhea)
- Lymphogranuloma venereum (Chlamydia trachomatis)
- Granuloma inguinale (Calymmatobacterium granulomatis)
What STDs are caused by viruses?
- HIV/AIDS (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
- Genital warts (Human Papillomavirus Virus)
- Genital herpes (Herpes Simplex Virus)
- Hepatitis B (Hepatitis B Virus)
- Hepatitis C (Hepatitis C Virus)
What STDs are caused by parasites?
- Scabies (caused by Sarcoptes scabiei)
- Public lice, also known as crabs (caused by Pediculosis pubis)
What STDs are caused by fungi?
- Yeast infections (caused by Candida albicans)
- Jock itch (Tenia cruris)
To test for STDs, use rapid STD test kits by STD Rapid Test Kits to ensure safety, convenience, precision, and accuracy.