Neisseria gonorrhoeae -- the name of the bacterium that causes gonorrhea. It can affect both males and females.
Once a male contracts the gonorrhea infection, he may manifest the following signs and symptoms:
- penis discharge that is green, yellow, or white in color
- burning sensation when peeing
- swelling of the testicles
- pain in the testicles
Once a female contracts the gonorrhea infection, she may show these signs and symptoms:
- burning sensation when urinating
- bleeding in between periods
- increased odd vaginal discharge
If gonorrhea infects the anus of males and females, the following symptoms may occur:
- anal itching
- pain during bowel movements
- odd discharge from the anus
If you encounter any of these gonorrhea symptoms, you have to get a gonorrhea test right away!