Chlamydia is an infection that is caused by a type of bacteria which is passed through sexual contact. It is most commonly transmitted infection. It is very easily treated and cured. To confirm that you have Chlamydia infection different test are performed and once it is confirmed that you have the infection. The first step taken by the doctor is to prescribe the antibiotic because antibiotics are 95% effective in treating Chlamydia infection. The antibiotics can be taken as a single dose or can be used for long course for almost 2 weeks. The two types of antibiotics are used for curing the Chlamydia. These are as follows:
Doxycycline: This antibiotic ought to be taken two times a day for an era of 7 days.
Azithromycin: This capsule ought to be taken for a week with two tablets daily and if the infection is serious it is prescribed to take four tablets a day.
There are many other branded and generic names of antibiotics that are prescribed by the doctors for example ofloxacin, amoxicillin, levofloxacin and erythromycin these are for generic use and for branded use are: Floxin, levaquin, Erythroxin, Zithromax, vibramycin and Doryx.
When the antibiotics are prescribes by the doctors?
Before testing the person whether he is infected or not infected with Chlamydia the doctor’s gives antibiotic recommendation to the one who have contaminated sexual partners and baby born of infected mother.
Important Facts You Should Know Before Taking Antibiotics: Some of the facts are as follows:
- Taking antibiotics on the regular basis can direct towards the antibiotic confrontation.
- The side effects of using antibiotics are not that much high.
- If the antibiotics that you are using has side effects and are not going away after a day or two then you should stop using it and immediately seek medical attention.
- It is necessary to complete the course of antibiotics that you are taking even if you are feeling okay before the completion of course.
- There are common side effects of using antibiotics like swelling of lips, tongue and face but it will disappear within and hour or few.
- The benefits of taking antibiotics is more then its risks.
Side Effects of Common Antibiotics: Antibiotics like Levofloxacin, Doxycycline and Ofloxacin has very common side effects. It causes skin irritation. So it is recommended that if you are prescribed these antibiotics you ought to make definite to stay out of sun. if it is important and you have to go out and the sun is high so you should make sure to wear jeans ,full sleeves and hat. The use of sun block is also recommended. These antibiotics are very strong for women. So the women’s who are pregnant or planning to get pregnant are advised not to take these antibiotics.
Serious Effects of Antibiotics: When you are taking the medication of Chlamydia you should be aware of the effects of antibiotics. There are varieties of antibiotics that can be the cause of palpitating of heart or can cause breathing problem. Some of the serious side effects are as follows.
- Feeling tired or weak
- Having skin complaint
- Having uneven heart rate
- Having difficulty in breathing