Some STD facts and stats in the United Kingdom
If you live in the United Kingdom, knowing about the status of STDs in your area might help you make better decisions when it comes to sex. Here are some important facts and numbers that you might want to know:
- The number of Chlamydia cases per year has increased by more than twice in the past decade. In 2008, almost 125,000 Chlamydia cases were reported.
- Syphilis has the highest rates among males between the ages of 20 and 24 years old and females between the ages of 16 and 19.
- The number of new genital warts cases has increased by around 30 percent over the past 15 years.
- London has the highest genital herpes rates per 100,000 population.
- Despite the continuous increase in syphilis rates, this STD remains to be one of the less prevalent STDs in the region.
- Back in 2008, more than 7,000 people in the UK were diagnosed with HIV. This number is actually lower than the rates in 2004-2007.
With all these facts and information, hopefully, more people will become better at taking care of themselves by observing the appropriate precautions to protect themselves against STDs.
STD testing can save you from all the dangers of STDs. Just remember to do it routinely and at the earliest opportunity. Use a rapid STD test kit from STD Rapid Test Kits for accurate, safe, convenient, and fast STD testing.