STDs, or sexually transmitted diseases, are a serious global concern. They can be caused by bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms. They can strike males, females, kids, and adults.
Here are the types of people that are more likely to get infected with STDs:
- Those with a history of STDs
- Those who have more than one sexual partner
- Those who use syringes/needles/other paraphernalia for drug use
- Those who have unprotected sex with someone who has an STD
The common STDs
Here are the most common STDs today:
- Genital herpes
- Hepatitis B
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
Prevention of STDs
To prevent these diseases, here are some tips:
- Limit the number of your sexual partners and know their sexual histories. Convince them to get tested for STDs with you so that you all know of each other's STD status.
- Always use condoms.
- Get the necessary vaccinations, such as the Hepatitis B vaccine.
- Get tested for STDs regularly.
Use STD Rapid Test Kits' certified rapid STD screen test kits for accurate, fast, safe, and convenient STD testing.