STDs, or sexually transmitted diseases, are quite widespread nowadays. There are different types, and each one is caused by a specific virus, bacterium, and other microorganisms. To help enrich your STD knowledge, here are a few facts and numbers that you might want to remember:
The facts and numbers
- The Centers for Disease Control and Infections reports that approximately 20 million new cases of STDs are recorded every year in the US alone.
- Almost 20 billion dollars are spent every year to diagnose, treat, and manage all the STD cases in the country.
- More than 50% of the population will come across at least one STD in their lives.
- In a survey conducted by physicians in the US, less than a third of them said they have conducted STD screening on their patients.
- At the start of the year 2000, about 50% of the new STD cases happened among young people between the ages of 15 and 24 years old.
- There are about 3 million new cases of Chlamydia reported every year, and most of them involve teenagers and young adults.
- The use of condoms significantly reduces the risk of contracting STDs.
If you want to protect yourself against STDs, it is important to get STD tested at the earliest chance. Use STD Rapid Test Kits' rapid STD screen test kits to test for STDs accurately, fast, safely, and efficiently.