Even though Chlamydia is known as a silent disease, due to its nature of not always triggering visible signs and symptoms, it is still important to be familiar with its most common signs and symptoms so as to be able to recognize them if they show up.
Here are the most typical symptoms of Chlamydia in males and females:
- Swollen or inflamed testicles
- The need to urinate more frequently
- Burning sensation or itchiness around the penis tip
- Pain when urinating
- Odd-colored discharge coming from the penis
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Lower back pains
- Bleeding after sex or in between menstrual periods
- Odd-colored discharge coming from the vagina
It is imperative that anyone who experiences any of these symptoms undergo Chlamydia testing so as to properly diagnose the infection and receive the appropriate treatment solution.