A great number of youngsters these days have a lively sex life, and that is not necessarily an excellent thing because sexually transmitted diseases are quite popular. STDs are health problems or infections which get transferred from one person to the other by means vaginal, oral, or anal sex.
Many scientific studies illustrate that over sixty-five million people in the US are infected with STD, and the remainder of the world is undoubtedly not far behind. Even more importantly, people in the 15-30-year-old group are usually more vulnerable to get affected by STDs.
Why STDs can be silent killers
Furthermore, many people believe that practicing oral sex is harmless and it does not carry whatever hazards for getting STDs. But unfortunately, the possibilities of getting an STD resulting from oral sex are there, even though they are not as big as the possibilities of transmission due to vaginal or anal sex. In addition to that, the signs and symptoms are not that recognizable, so as a direct result, a lot of people are ignorant that they have been stricken by an STD.
Indicators of Gonorrhea
In gonorrhea, which is among the very first STDs that is transmitted by means of oral, vaginal or anal sex, the warning signs are made up of:
- Cloudy or bloody secretion from the penis or vagina
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Frequent and painful urination
- Pain and soreness of the genitals
- Burning or itchiness in the genital parts
In herpes, a common oral sexually transmitted disease resulting from a variety of strains of herpes virus and is passed on by means of close contact with the mucus-covered linings of the oral, vaginal or genital skin, the signs, and symptoms are made up of:
- Fever and serious or a light headache
- Small, red-colored open blisters on the genitals and in the mouth
- Sore lymph nodes in the groin section
- Pain or itching around the genital area, inner thighs, or butt
Signs and Symptoms of Syphilis
In syphilis, a bacterial infection which can be conveniently transmitted by oral sex, the usual signs and symptoms of syphilis are:
- A sore throat considered one of the common STD symptoms in the mouth
- Small, painful sores on the genital area, buttocks, tongue or lips
- Reddish skin rashes and small reddish brown colored sores in all sections of the body
- Enlarged and engorged lymph nodes
- Fever and headaches