Around three million people were identified as having HIV a few years ago, and at the moment, over thirty million people globally are reported to have been afflicted with HIV. It is definitely quite frightening, and HIV has now emerged as a worldwide epidemic.
The Human Immunodeficiency Virus
HIV is caused by a virus and it is known to be one of the most terrible illnesses in this day and age. It is a sexually-transmitted disease that hits a person’s immune system, which results in destabilized resistance to other destructive viruses, bacteria, and other microbes.
HIV is capable to set off the destruction of the immune system. It then results in the vital organs to work abnormally. For that reason, the person becomes less capable to combat the other harmful organisms and ailments that may risk the person’s human body.
HIV Means Of Transmission
There are many ways to transmit HIV.
1. Having unprotected sexual intercourse with an HIV-positive man or woman. The sex could either be vaginal or anal.
2. Blood transfusion. Occasionally, HIV-infected blood has got a way to sneak into blood banks. Not knowingly, a blood receiver takes the contaminated blood in and also gets afflicted with the health issue.
3. Exposure to an HIV-infected individual’s open wounds. For this reason, try to maintain your distance from them and be aware constantly.
4. Sharing of needles and syringes.
5. An HIV-positive mommy to her kid during pregnancy or childbirth, and if she breastfeeds the child.
Significance of HIV Testing
Get tested for HIV and secure treatment for it before it moves along into complete Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome or AIDS. HIV can easily spread so it is crucial for us to apply suitable precautions when having sexual relations and dealing with various types of equipment and supplies. HIV is an ailment that can slowly ruin the body, so we have to always be watchful and learn to shield ourselves as much as we could. Visit a doctor as soon as you can to learn more about the dangers of HIV.