What is syphilis?
Syphilis is a common bacteria-caused sexually-transmitted disease that is easily transmitted from one person to another by oral sex. It can also be spread through anal and vaginal sex. It usually affects the genital regions and the mucous membranes of the mouth.
Symptoms of Syphilis
Here are the common symptoms of syphilis to watch out for:
- Rashes on various parts of the body
- Small sores on the genital area, buttocks, tongue or lips
- Sore throat
- Enlarged and swollen lymph nodes
What is gonorrhea?
Gonorrhea is also a common sexually-transmitted disease transmitted via oral, vaginal or anal sex. It is caused by the Neisseria gonorrhoeae bacteria that thrive in the humid parts of the body such as vagina, cervix, and rectum and throat.
Gonorrhea warning signs
The common gonorrhea warning signs are:
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Frequent urinationViscous discharge from the penis or vagina
- Itchiness in the penis or vagina
- Pain or burning sensation when urinating
- Pain and soreness of the genitals
- Burning in the genital areas