1: What does STD mean?
It is a group of diseases that, as its name suggests, are transmitted through sexual activities.
2: Who can get infected with STDs?
STDs can infect literally anyone. Whether you are a woman, a man, a teen, or an adult, you can contract STDs if you are not careful.
3: Are there other ways to contract STDs, aside from sex?
Yes, here are the other transmission methods:
- - use of contaminated drug paraphernalia
- - use of contaminated tattooing or piercing equipment
- - from an STD-infected pregnant woman to her child
- - direct contact with an open cut or wound of an infected person
- - exposure to contaminated blood or organs
4: What is the best way to protect against STDs?
There are many different precautionary measures you can observe to protect against STDs. Here they are:
- - use protection all the time
- - abstain
- - be in a mutually monogamous relationship
- - get STD tested regularly