Anyone can get infected with Hepatitis B. It is a Hepatitis condition that is caused by the Hepatitis B virus and can be transmitted in various ways, including sexual contact, blood, sharing of contaminated needles, and more.
Here are the groups of people that belong to the high-risk category for Hepatitis B:
- Those who perform unprotected sex with multiple sex partners
- Those who have unprotected sex with another person who carries the Hepatitis B virus
- Males who engage in sexual contacts with other males infected with Hepatitis B
- Those who underwent hemodialysis for their kidney problem
- People who live with a person who suffers from chronic Hepatitis B
- Medical workers who get exposed to human blood all the time
- Those who travelled to places with high rates of Hepatitis B infection such as Eastern Europe, Southeast Asia, Africa, and Central Asia
- Anyone who frequently shares househould items with someone who has the infection
- Those who have been tested positive for Chlamydia and/or gonorrhea
If you fall under any of these categories, you should be very cautious and observe the proper precautions all the time.