Hepatitis B is an infectious disease which is caused by a hepatitis B virus which directly affects the liver. It is a viral infection that damages the liver and cause chronic and acute diseases. This virus is transmitted through blood fluid and blood. There are a lot of people who don’t face any symptoms at the starting of the infection where as there are some people who develop a quick sickness at the beginning of the infection like tiredness, vomiting, dark urine, yellowish skin, diarrhea , pale bowl motion and abdominal pain. It can be prevented by using effective vaccines. Different tests are also performed to check whether a person is infected or not. The test for Hepatitis B is also well-known by HBV test. This test is done to check the presence of antibodies that is produced by the body in opposition to Hepatitis B infection. The test for the detection of antigen that is produced by Hepatitis B virus is also performed. The test that is performed to identify the viral DNA is the last category of HBV test.
Why it is required to undergo HBV Testing?
- There are two major kinds of Hepatitis B namely chronic Hepatitis B and acute Hepatitis B and tests are required to conclude if the patient is affected by any one of them.
- HBV Testing is carried out to decide the category or damage of Hepatitis B virus that is disturbing the patient
- HBV testing is very useful as it is performed to check the patient’s condition. It is used to determine whether the Hepatitis B infection is becoming unceasing or is getting cleared.
- To check whether immunity is developing in a person after vaccination.
- It is used for the checking that the infection of hepatitis B that was previously cleared remains cleared.
- HBV testing is required to conclude whether a person was exposed or infected to hepatitis B virus.
Types of HBV Testing: Firstly hepatitis B is diagnosed using a blood test. This tests looks for certain antibodies and antigens.
- Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) - The purpose of this HBV Test is to determine the presence of protein on the surface of the virus. This test is helpful in identifying those people who are infected with Hepatitis B infection before any symptom appears. The function of this test is to identify that if a person is previously enduring the chronic type of Hepatitis B infection.
- Hepatitis B surface antibody (anti-HBs) – this test is performed for determining that the antibody that is formed in reaction to HBV surface antigen through treatment has recovered the acute form of Hepatitis B .This result verifies that if a person still desires for a vaccine or whether you are protected against Hepatitis B virus.
- Total anti-hepatitis B core (anti-HBc, IgM and IgG) – the function of this test is to detect the IgG and lgM antibodies to hepatitis B core antigen. It means that it can determine whether a person is infected with chronic or acute hepatitis B infection.
When it is needed for a person to have these tests? Hepatitis B is that type of infection in which person feels some symptoms like feeling fatigue, fever, vomiting and loss of appetite, nausea dark urine, abdominal pain, jaundice and joint pain. If these symptoms appear for long time period then the doctor prescribe to do the tests that are mentioned above. These tests are helpful in the detection of Hepatitis B infection. There are a number of private companies who order their employees to have a hepatitis B screening so that will sure them that there is no threat regarding the Transmission of Hepatitis B.