What causes Hepatitis C?
Hepatitis C is caused by the Hepatitis C virus which attacks the liver.
Who can get infected with Hepatitis C?
Anyone can get infected with Hepatitis C. It does not matter if you are a man, woman, young, or old. But, there are certain groups of people that are at greater risk of contracting this disease. Here they are:
- those who have injected drugs
- those who are undergoing hemodialysis
- those who received blood transfusion
- those who work in the medical field and are frequently exposed to human blood
What are the common Hepatitis C signs and symptoms?
If you contract Hepatitis C, expect the following symptoms to occur:
- stomach pains
- appetite loss
- yellowing of the eyes and skin
Get tested for Hepatitis C at the earliest opportunity to avoid all these serious and severe symptoms and complications.