The cause of Chlamydia is a bacterium that is spread through unprotected sexual contact. It can infect everyone --- regardless of gender, age, and so on.
Symptoms of Chlamydia
If you contract Chlamydia, you may not display any sign and symptom at first. But, once they do show up, there are usually the following:
- Rectal pains
- Abdominal pains
- Painful urination
- Strange discharge in the rectum
- White or clear discharge in the urethra
- Painful sexual intercourse (women)
- Bleeding after sexual intercourse (women)
- Swelling of the fallopian tubes and cervix (women)
- Mucopurulent discharge into the vagina (women)
- Spotting in between menstrual periods (women)
If not treated right away, Chlamydia can proceed on to the advanced stage and lead to pelvic inflammatory disease or PID, salpingitis, ectopic pregnancy, and infertility.
To avoid these terrible complications, Chlamydia testing has to be done right away. Use a rapid Chlamydia test kit, which is a very useful tool in finding out if a person has contracted it.
With just a bodily fluid sample of the patient, a rapid Chlamydia test kit can detect the infection and return a highly accurate test result in less than half an hour.