Chlamydia is a common sexually-transmitted disease that can infect men, women, teenagers, adults, and even the young ones. It should be diagnosed at the earliest chance so that the proper treatment can be given before serious complications occur.
To protect against Chlamydia, you have to learn as much information about it as possible. You can start by being familiar with how this disease is contracted and spread.
- You can get Chlamydia if you have unprotected sex with someone who has it. So, to avoid this, you have to be careful when choosing a sex partner. Undergo Chlamydia testing with them before having sex just to be 100% sure.
- You can get Chlamydia not only through vaginal sex, but also through anal and oral sex. So, always use condoms to avoid contracting this infection.
- Sharing of sex toys is also a way to spread this STD. Do not ever use sex toys that have not been washed so as to not put yourself at risk.
- When having sex, make sure that semen or vaginal fluids do not come into contact with your eyes since Chlamydia can be transmitted through that and result to an infection of the eye known as conjunctivitis.
- Pregnant women are advised to get tested for Chlamydia because this STD can be passed on to their babies during the pregnancy period or upon child birth. A baby infected with Chlamydia may suffer from conjuctivitis or pneumonia.