7 Quick HIV facts you need to know
- HIV stands for Human Immunodeficiency Virus, a very widespread and notorious sexually-transmitted today.
- It is primarily spread through unprotected sexual contact, sharing of needles, syringes and other paraphernalia, exposure to contaminated blood, and so on.
- Not everyone who gets infected with HIV will manifest symptoms. Usually, it will take time, maybe weeks, months, or even years, for the first visible symptoms to show up.
- The most common initial symptoms of HIV are fever, night sweats, fatigue, and chills that may persist for several weeks. Oftentimes, they are also accompanied by coughing and headaches.
- If HIV is not diagnosed and treated right away, it can cause more serious damage to the body's immune system and bring about severe complications such as cancers, unusual infections, drastic weight loss, dementia, and even death.
- There are different HIV testing methods available today, with rapid HIV testing as commonly used in parts of the world where HIV is very prevalent. This HIV testing technique allows faster and more convenient HIV testing, without compromising the accuracy and reliability of the test results.
- As of today, there are no medications that can completely cure HIV. There are antiretroviral meds that can manage and control the spread of the virus in the body, and slow down the destruction the virus can cause.
To test for HIV fast and accurately, use STD Rapid Test Kits' rapid HIV home testing kit to get highly precise test results in as fast as 15 minutes!