1. Gonorrhea is a common sexually-transmitted disease caused by a bacterium known as neisseria gonorrhoeae. It has many names: GC, drip, clap, and so on. It is one of the top STDs in the United States, and very prevalent among the young people between the ages of 15 and 24 years old.
2. The primary mode of gonorrhea transmission is through unprotected sex. People who do not use condoms when having sex are at risk of contracting this infection, as well as other types of STDs. So, whether you have anal, oral, or vaginal sex, do not forget to use protection to minimize the risk of transmission.
3. While a lot of gonorrhea-infected people do not manifest visible signs and symptoms, some usually have them after about two to five days of exposure to the bacteria. Typical gonorrhea symptoms include unusual discharge from the vagina or penis, sore throat, itchiness in the rectal region, and so on.
4. Once the gonorrhea symptoms manifest, people should immediately get tested so as to get a proper diagnosis. Use a rapid gonorrhea test kit for safe, fast, accurate, and convenient gonorrhea testing.
5. Those who test positive for gonorrhea should go see a doctor to find the best treatment solution for them. This STD can be effectively treated with antibiotics.
6. Failure to get a gonorrhea test and receive treatment at the earliest chance can bring about a number of complications that may endanger major bodily organs.
STD Rapid Test Kits offers certified rapid gonorrhea test kits to test for gonorrhea in a safe, easy, fast, and accurate manner.