A lot of people may be aware of the dangers of STDs, but probably fewer realize the importance of testing and diagnosis early on. If you want to make sure that you remain STD free for the rest of your life, you have to educate yourself on STDs and how to manage or treat them. You have to put in mind the impact of early STD testing and diagnosis on how the infection can progress.
Why should you get tested early?
Here are several reasons why you should get tested and diagnosed with STDs as soon as possible:
- STD testing can identify the cause of any symptom that has manifested on you.
- If you are pregnant, you can lower the risk of passing the infection on to your baby.
- It can tell you how bad the infection has already damaged your body.
- It is important in warning you about a sex partner’s sexual health.
- If done after the birth of your baby, it can check if the baby has contracted the STD.
- It is done to avoid having STD-infected blood or organ donors.
- It is one of the steps conducted in contact tracing.
You can get tested for STDs using rapid STD test kits, so buy one now before it is too late.