The world is faced with various diseases that put the life of a patient at risk, and in most circumstances, the ultimate fear that follows is how long the person would live before giving up to death. Hepatitis C belongs to this class of infections that pushes one to calculate how long he or she has to live after diagnosis.
In most cases, Hepatitis C becomes severe in the body because it exists and spreads without any symptoms, leaving the carrier totally oblivious. One, therefore, tends to notice only after the damage has been done to the host body.
Be that as it may, about 15 to 25 percent of HCV infected persons would clear the virus without treatment but medical personnel often advice relying on this possibility because of the difference in body metabolism.
When the thought of Hepatitis C Prognosis comes to mind, it should be ultimately noted that one can treat the disease with a combination of various medicines which can eradicate the virus from the body. This, however, is subject to how one goes about being treated alongside the determination to do so.
Facts revealed during Hepatitis C Prognosis
Irrespective of how much scientific analysis that has been done, one cannot specifically point out the exact time the infection struck the body during prognosis. Also, Hepatitis C may be chronic or acute which could be attributed to the period the infection is afflicting the sufferer.
Statistics recorded about the Prognosis of Hepatitis C have, therefore, shown the following:
- The most common blood-borne infection in America is Hepatitis C because of the numerous reports and records of the conditions encountered by medical practitioners.
- About 4 million people in America, that is 75%, are living with chronic Hepatitis C of which some are not even aware of their status because they relate it to other forms of illnesses.
- About 85 percent of patients that are diagnosed with Hepatitis C would end up with the chronic version of the disease mostly as a result of inadequate health management.
- According to the World Health Organization, about 300 million people in the world live with chronic Hepatitis C.
- Up to 40 percent of deaths that occur as a result of severe liver diseases could be traced to Hepatitis C infection.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in America also predicts that deaths in the next 15 to 20 years would double its current rate due to Hepatitis C if people continue to take it for granted.
- On the ranking of causes of death in America, the chronic liver disease is at number 10 given that 25,000 people die from it yearly.
Factors that are checked during a Hepatitis C prognosis
Health practitioners, or doctors, generally check for the dreaded Hepatitis C infection during at a test occasion where they engage in prognosis to determine how bad the situation is and what to do about it. They check for:
- The type of Hepatitis C that one is infected with which would be taking into special consideration during treatment.
- The duration in which one has been infected with the disease and the point of diagnosis which helps to determine whether it is acute or severe.
- The viral load in the patient’s body or otherwise called the amount of virus that the person carries.
- The level at which the patient’s liver has been damaged which is more or less the most crucial factor of all.
- Other medical conditions that the patient may suffer from which may slow down the Hepatitis C treatment or cause allergies to certain types of medications.
- The age of the patient and how often the patient had treated the disease in his or her past years.
- The response to treatment after it has started for some period which would be used to analyze whether the patient is getting better or not.
How can one prevent ever going through a Hepatitis C Prognosis?
The challenge to treat one’s self after diagnosis becomes important and as such explains why a prognosis of the situation is important. How then can one prevent never having to go through this harrowing process? The simple ways include:
- Consuming diets that are liver-friendly and aid the general body function.
- Staying away from the consumption of hard drugs and cigarettes as much as possible.
- Getting emotional support from friends and family to help maintain good health because it could be very challenging. This is because people enjoy the consumption of those things that are, unfortunately, not so good for the body.
- Keeping up with a good body weight with regular checks to ensure a normal one.
- Abstinence from alcohol and such substances that can harm the liver if consumed excessively.
- Doing regular body exercise and other such activities to stay fit.
Good health is easy to enjoy if one can only keep up with these precautionary measures. The need for Hepatitis C Prognosis can, therefore, be totally dispensed with if one takes good and necessary care of the health.
Added to this, if one is found to be diagnosed with Hepatitis C, it can be totally eradicated as long as the necessary health management steps are taken.