Early diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections is very important for the management of all STDs because a diagnosis is the first step towards the treatment of such infection. The incidences of sexually transmitted diseases, like HIV/AIDS, gonorrhea, syphilis, trichomoniasis, herpes virus, etc. have been on the rise around the world today.
Very many people in the world are greatly scared of presenting themselves for STD tests, probably because of the great stigma associated with those living with any of the infections; this is the actual reason the transmission of the infections are on the rise today.
We all should know that the earlier the diagnosis of the infection, the easier the treatment of the infection because, on the other hand, the viral load becomes very high over time as the pathogens grow in the body. In addition, the high viral load of the infection can also lead to the onset of other terrible medical conditions.
The trending question these days is the issue of where exactly one can get tested for any of the STDs if one has been exposed to any of the infections, especially after engaging in unprotected sexual intercourse or having an unfaithful partner.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Test Center
There are various test centers around the United States and even the world where anyone can walk into and request a test for any of the STDs. Available test centers for STD tests include:
- Parenthood health center. This health center is referred to as the parenthood health center because it is where an individual was given birth to in the first place. So many people continue to visit that same center because of confidentiality and reliability. Such individuals can actually visit such health centers and request for a test for sexually transmitted diseases.
- Doctor’s Office. Some private doctors’ offices exist around the country where various individuals can visit for a personal consultation on health-related matters. This office can as well be visited for the complete package of STD test.
- Health Clinics. Health clinics are numerous across the world; they include the primary health center which is the basic health center, the secondary health center which is the intermediary, and tertiary health centers which are highly specialized with professional specialists. These health centers can be visited for any of the STD tests with a reliability of the test result.
- Home test kits. One can also purchase test kits and use at home to determine one’s status. It’s discreet, it’s simple to use, and the results come out in minutes.
What does it cost to perform the test?
Normally, the test for sexually transmitted diseases should be very cost-intensive because of all ingredients required to perform the test, this is one of the reasons many people are unable to be partakers of the STD test. These days, however, very many insurance companies have stepped into the STD test business, making sure that one can be tested for free or little charge so as to make it easier.
In addition, various test centers also offer the service of STD test for free to ease the financial burden of STD testing which will result in a risk of further spread of the infections to different people because some STDs do not present symptoms early in some individuals, this makes the individual an unknown carrier of the infection. Free testing by these centers makes it easier for the individual to be aware of his or her STD status and begin treatment as soon as possible.
Why is the test needed?
STD test is now very important in our world today because of the steep rise of unprotected sexual intercourse, especially among the youths. This makes it easier for the infections to be transmitted from one person to the other and affect internal organs if proper management is not quickly embarked upon for the affected individual.
Why STD test?
- Early detection of sexually transmitted infection is very important for the effective management of the infection because the disease becomes complicated over time.
- It prevents the further transmission of the infection to other individuals.
- It prevents the evolution of the infection into other deadly diseases which can easily kill the patient within a very short time.
- The test is also important because it reduces panic in the life of an individual. Some individuals might be greatly disturbed if they’ve been exposed to the infection thinking they might have been infected with the pathogen. This category of persons might actually not be positive to any of the STD, only the test is the proper confirmation of the STD test.
It is important to perform STD tests in the aforementioned places where the tests can be carried out. One can easily visit any of the centers or order for a full test kit for STD so as to be sure of the status and prevent dangerous assumptions.