It is important to be familiar with the most common STD signs and symptoms so that you can know if it is time to get an STD test. Sometimes, even if you have been using protection when having sex, some STDs are still able to sneak in and infect you. You just wake up one day in pain, wondering what caused it. It could be an STD.
Common Symptoms of STDs
- The rash is a common STD symptom. It can appear on the arms, neck, or around the genital region.
- A sore is another typical sign of an STD. A syphilis chancre is probably the most popular among them. It is the initial symptom of syphilis that appears after about three weeks since first exposure to the bacteria.
- Headaches are also common among STD patients. Oftentimes, this is accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
- Pain when urinating is usually experienced by males and females with STDs. It is a burning sensation that can really make peeing very uncomfortable.
- Other common STD symptoms are appetite loss, weight loss, night sweats, pain when having sex, and fatigue.