An undiagnosed sexually transmitted disease is far more deadly than the disease itself because it becomes terribly difficult to manage the infection when it gets to the latter stage where it becomes more critical. STDs are diseases that are basically transferred from person to person via sexual intercourse. During the intercourse (coitus), fluids are discharged from the body alongside pathogenic organisms and are transferred to the other partner from an infected individual, this eventually causes the onset of STD in the affected individual.
Sexually transmitted diseases are very deadly and may be very difficult or impossible to cure because of the devastating effect of the pathogen in the body – if not detected and tackled on time.
Types of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) Associated With STD Test Kit
There are several types of STDs in the world today, and luckily, medical science has developed very effective test kits to catch the presence of quite a number of these diseases at their early stages. Some of these diseases with available test kits are:
- HIV/AIDS. The Human Immunodeficiency Virus is the causative viral organism for Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome which renders the immune system weak against another pathogenic invasion. HIV is difficult to manage because there is presently no absolute cure for the viral infection.
- Gonorrhea. Neisseria gonorrhoeae is the causative organism for Gonorrhea which is also a sexually transmitted infection. It can result in difficulty in urinating and pelvic pain. It can also cause a pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) in women. Gonorrhea can be prevented by the use of a condom. It can as well be treated with the use of specific antibacterial drugs.
- Hepatitis Virus. Hepatitis virus causes the hepatitis infection which occurs in 5 different types. It is an infection of the liver whereby there is a painful inflammation in the liver, leading to a terrible shutdown of the liver over time.
- Syphilis. Syphilis is caused by Treponema pallidum. It is a sexually transmitted infection and can be difficult to manage at the critical stage.
- Trichomoniasis. Trichomonas vaginalis causes Trichomoniasis in women. This organism is transferred during sexual intercourse. It does not actually manifest symptoms in men, although they are carriers of the pathogen.
- Chlamydia. Another important STD with readily available test kits is Chlamydia which is caused by Chlamydia trachomatis which can affect men and women.
- Herpes. Herpes is caused by Herpes Simplex Virus. It is a terrible STD that can eventually lead to death if not managed adequately.
Importance of Over-the-Counter STD test kit
- Already established is the fact that Sexually Transmitted Diseases are better managed if diagnosed early, the STD test kit makes it easier to detect the presence of the pathogen earlier in the individual’s blood.
- Over-the-counter STD test kit allows for privacy of the test result of the individual.
- Over-the-counter STD test kit makes it easier to perform STD diagnosis at one’s convenience.
- With the test kit, the test result can be gotten as early as 20 minutes after the test.
- Over-the-counter STD test kit can help prevent infertility because unchecked STD can lead to loss of fertility over time.
- It provides a comfortable way for STD tests to be performed.
- Over-the-counter STD test kit can be used for STD diagnosis at any time whatsoever. The test kit is not time-dependent and can be used anywhere in the world.
- Insurance is not needed for the use of over the counter STD test kit.
Vital information to remember about Over-the-Counter STD test kit
- They can easily be purchased from registered drug stores.
- Over-the-counter STD test kit has to be approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) so as to be sure of accurate results.
- A blood sample can be used for the STD test. Saliva as well can also be used for the test, although, it might not be as accurate as using blood for the test.
- The test result is easy to read and interpret. Two possible outcomes can actually be seen after the test is performed: single line or double line. The single line shows a negative result while double line shows a positive result.
- In the case of a positive outcome, further STD tests by a physician/doctor should be done for proper confirmation so as to avoid unnecessary panic.
- A single test kit may adequately test for all STDs. It is advisable to get all test kits for their corresponding STDs so as to be sure of the result.
- Sequel to the above, a general STD check exists for the test of all common STDs, all at once. This STD check is called 10 panel STD test.
Get tested for STD as soon as possible if you think you might have had contact with any of the pathogens because it makes treatment plans more effective if the infection is diagnosed early. It is now easier, however, to test for STD with the help of over the counter STD test kits that can easily be gotten from nearby drug stores.
Do not suffer in silence or panic in ignorance; a simple over-the-counter STD test kit is what is needed for confirmation of STI in the body.