Hepatitis B is brought on by a virus that destroys a person’s liver. It may persist for a few weeks or be a long-term medical problem.
What are the warning signs of Hepatitis B?
The following are the most popular signs and symptoms of Hepatitis B:
- Appetite loss
- Dark-colored urine
- Joint pains
- Abdominal aches and pains
How many people are infected with Hepatitis B?
In accordance with medical reports, around 50, 000 new Hepatitis B cases are documented each year in the United States alone. Furthermore, around 1 .5 million citizens of the US are reported to be afflicted with chronic Hepatitis B, a permanent kind of Hepatitis B.
How can you get Hepatitis B?
There are several ways to spread the Hepatitis B virus. A number of the means of transmission are the following:
- An infected expectant woman to her infant during delivery
- Having unprotected sex with an individual who is afflicted with Hepatitis B
- Sharing of syringes, needles, and other injection products
- Direct contact with cuts, open sores, or blood of a Hepatitis B sufferer
Are there groups of people that are more likely to get infected with Hepatitis B?
There are particular sets of people that are a lot more prone to contracting Hepatitis B, and they are the following:
- Those that have unprotected sexual intercourse with a Hepatitis B affected person
- People that have an active sex life
- People that have multiple sex partners
- People that have a history of or already have sexually-transmitted diseases
- The ones that are in the healthcare field and are subjected to blood constantly
- People that go to places where there are substantial rates of Hepatitis B cases
Hepatitis B prevention
To be able to protect yourself from Hepatitis B, you should get the Hepatitis B vaccine. It includes three to four shots spread over six months. In the USA, people are recommended to get vaccinated for Hepatitis B before they begin going to college.
Additionally, it helps if you modify your lifestyle. If you fall under any one of the high-risk sets stated earlier, it is going to incredibly make an enormous improvement if you change your ways particularly with regards to sex.
How is Hepatitis B testing done?
The typical method to test for Hepatitis B is via blood tests. You can visit a health center or a medical clinic to get tested for Hepatitis B. It is essential that you do this the instant you can before your problem gets to the next stage and becomes tougher to deal with.